The premise is simple:
‘Using Twitter as a way to keep Twitter users up to date on happenings before, during and after Electric Picnic 2008.’
…and who better to keep Twitter users up to date then other Twitter users!
This is how it works.
I’m assuming that you already have your own Twitter account setup, if not signing up is easy just go here >> twitter.com
1. First step is to follow http://twitter.com/electricpancake
2. electricpancake will then follow you*
3. Once electricpancake is following you, any Direct Message (e.g. D electricpancake I like Cake) you send to electricpancake will instantly be republished as a tweet on electricpancake itself.
4. Anyone following electricpancake will then each receive that tweet.
*In the process of setting up auto-follow which will mean anyone who follows electricpancake will instantly be followed in return. In the mean time it will have to be a daily run job so please be patient. I should have the auto-follow up and running by the end of the week.
Of the people, for the people and by the people.
electricpancake will not work as an Electric Picnic update service unless people send tweets to it. It all depends on getting a core of followers who are willing to contribute.
Likely tweets that i know i would be glad to receive:
- Traffic in Portlaoise is building up but moving
- Car park C is full
- Loads of space in red campsite down near the portaloos
- *artist* just coming on the main stage now
- Not letting any more people in to the **** Tent
- Bodytonic tent now! Place is rocking..
- Body & Soul looks like its closing shortly
- Party in car park C.. look for noisy blue van
…you get the idea.
Again this will only work if electricpancake gets enough followers wiling to contribute, so i guess we’ll just see how the it goes for now. Tweet or comment below…